Saturday 27 September 2008

Belly dancing classes

Have actually enjoyed spending time with the kids today. Have done my regular screaming at J with his Maths homework, Always a joy. I hate you, he says. To which I reply Did i set the homework. No but doeas he hate his teacher. Of course not. Lulled him into false sense of security by sayng I wouldn't do any "extra" after he finished the home work. Then chained him to the table to go through long multiplication. Oh he said after one sum I already knew that. we've done it at school . Well thats 1 question mastered off the 11+.
F got up in a good mood. Always a bonus. Then asked if i would iron a shirt for him for work. Do I change the good mood to a slanging match or iron the stupid shirt on the new industrial sized ironing board he bought last week (I got a good deal.)Thinking of setting up a bed for Z to have his nap on there it is so big. relented and did the shirt. brownie points for me.
Then off to his mums for a pre Eid celebration. My sister in law was sitting on a chair in the garage frying goodies and trying to win best sister in law award of the week. I lose . Never quite know when they are actually done in those frier things.On the way in one of the cousins said My daughter wanted to wear her best clothes for Eid. Is it Eid I thought? Surely F would have mentioned it. Probably not as he is "very weak" due to fasting for 3 hours I think it was as he was asleep most of the day. So I ask my sister in law. She says, You're so funny. I presumed that meant it wasn't . But still not entirely sure when it is.Will check in my diary. they have that sort of thing in.
So food was fantastic, veggie dish for me but I ended up running after Z with bowls of spicy rice and nans and then when I finally got to the table it had all been cleared away. So I tucked into the deserts instead. Using a green plastic bowl and giving Z the odd mouthful so i didn't look greedy.
After all the food the female cousins retired to the conservatory with Z of course who was trying to stab people with forks but I tried to ignore him.My sister in law had made the tea and half way through mine noticed there was a fly in it except it wasn't she had left the teabag in . At least I can make cups of tea. The one of them mentions belly dancing classes. It would be great they all said talking about meeting at the class on Wednesdays. I can't think of anything worse.So made a swift exit blaming Z needing to go to bed and left. And back to washing, tidying and of course preparing for the car boot at Y's school in the morning. can't wait.

No comments: